Careers and Transitioning
Students are successfully transitioned into further education and training, transition to employment and leisure programs when they leave school.
This is achieved through the following staff and programs
- Careers and Transitions Coordinator (CICA qualified Careers Counsellor)
- Careers teacher
- Secondary School (Year 9-12) teachers
- individualised career counselling and support for students and families
- Secondary School (Year 11-12) programs – VCAL, Applied Learning, VETiS, Post School Connections, Vocational Education, Learning partnerships with external service providers
- Futures For Young Adults program
- work placement/work experience
- Post School Options Transitioning Programs
- links with Employment Services and Community Support Networks
- Managed Individual Pathways (MIPS) program
- Career Action Plans (Year 9-12)
- Career and Leisure Expos
The Presentation Ball, held at the Plenty Ranges Arts and Convention Centre, is an annual event for our Year 12 students as they celebrate the culmination of their schooling and prepare for life after Concord School.